Energy for Mayors (E4M)
A unique project, the Energy for Mayors project is the first IEE co-funded project that explicitly addresses Covenant of Mayors (CoM) Supporting Structures, as well as cities and towns across Europe. Its main aim is to support the development of more sustainable energy communities across Europe, to provide guidance to a number of cities and towns, as well as to Supporting Structures (SSt) – assisting the successful implementation of the CoM and moving towards the EU 20-20-20 targets.
ENERGY FOR MAYORS assists successful implementation of the Covenant of Mayors by achieving:
- 180 new municipalities joining the Covenant of Mayors
- 60+ municipalities accompanied with their SEAP development and implementation
- 34 new Supporting Structures created to help communities
- 10 Energy Days organised per year in the project regions
- 8 pilot Energy Management Systems (EMS) implemented
- Uncountable benefits for each community - from energy and financial savings to a better quality of life for citizens!
More information on www.energyformayors.eu